Re: IPv6 adoption

Michel Onstein wrote:

> > > Yup ;-)
> >
> > Okay, now a bit more specific answer please :)
> > I figure we could use ftp.ipv6.nl as a staging area where packages
> > stableize until they're ready for being merged into woody.
> >
> There is a few things that need to be done:
>
> - new hardware
>         This is an issue i will discuss within Cistron, to see if
>         there is a chance we can get something sponserd.
>
> - assign maintainers that have enough time to work on it on a regular
>   bases.
Although I am no maintainer yet (application pending since a year), I would be
interested in maintaining some of the IPv6 patched packages. At the moment I am
building firewall that should already support IPv6, so I have some experience
with IPv6 patches on Debian systems.

Please contact me when the repository is ready. Can we have some easy way for
non-maintainers to upload their packages ?

And please, take away the other 3 IPv6 repositories that are all apt-able (2 on
www.debian.org and 1 on chiharu.v6.linux.or.jp) after ftp.ipv6.nl has all of the
packages on it (maybe with newer versions).

best greets,
Rene