Re: Interix Installation Issue

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Brian Amundsen wrote:

System = Interix
Node = Highcrest
Release = 3.5
Version = SP-8.0.1969.57
Machine = x86
Processor = AMD_x86_Family15_Model14_Stepping10
HostSystem = Windows
HostRelease = SP3
HostVersion = 5.1

debootstrap.log follows:
Can't open /dev/null: Device not configured

strange.

Can't open /dev/null: Device not configured
Can't open /dev/null: Device not configured
/tmp/install/debootstrap[439]: cannot create /dev/null: Device not
configured ar: ///: No such device

zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 2 package
`dpkg': error in Version string `': version string is empty
dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 2 package

Attempting to run makedev resulted in
$ cd /usr/sbin
$ ksh makedev
makedev[1]: Mze.........: not found
makedev[2]:  syntax error: ....... text' unexpected

makedev is no ksh script, it's a binary. Just run
/usr/sbin/makedev

If that's not marked executable, you should probably reinstall everything.

Martin

It almost looks like I have some corruption.  I did run all this from a
user account ksh but with login as Administrator and verified that I
was the Administrator.

Maybe I'll have to uninstall SFU and start over from scratch.