Re: Please help to remove salsa.debian.org/debian/fcitx repo

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 09:37:20AM -0400, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> 在 2018年9月5日星期三 EDT 上午12:44:57,ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) 写道:
> > On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 01:42:49PM -0400, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> > > Dear czchen,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your help in creating fcitx project under Salsa Debian group
> > > early. However, with the shift of input-method-team's workflow,
> > > input-method- related packges are now maintained under
> > > salsa.debian.org/input-method-team now, including fcitx.
> > >
> > > Though I have became a Debian Developer myself recently, I still cannot
> > > delete the debian/fcitx project since I am not its creator. It seems that
> > > you created this repo 6 months ago so could you help with deleting this
> > > useless repository recently?
> >
> > Looks like I don't have permission to delete the repo either. Maybe we
> > need to contact salsa admin?
>
> I consulted with Salsa admins [1] and it seems that they will handle the
> removal. I am gradually moving input-method-related packages out from Debian
> group into input-method-team one and will open tickets for removal afterwards.

It looks like the repository rename/transfer/remove feature is available
from web frontend under Settings-General-Advanced after sign-in with
your account. This may help you to do things you are asking admin to
do.

As long as you upload package with new URL in debian/control, we should
be OK.

I initially pushed to use Debian/ group to allow all DD to have access.
But I realize we can enble all DD with write access even for
input-method-team/ group URL case.

So I agree with your effort.

Osamu