[Pkg-ime-devel] libcangjie and pycangjie

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:45:53AM +0800, Anthony Wong wrote:
> On 7 February 2014 20:44, Osamu Aoki <osamu_aoki_home at nifty.com> wrote:
> Hi Osamu,
>
> Thanks for the reminder! I haven't dealt with these two bugs earlier due to
> the Chinese New Year holiday and I was just back.

???

> As what you said, libcangjie2 is picked due to ABI change, it is basically
> rewrite of previous version. For the data package, I think it doesn't
> matter much which name to use so I may keep the current one. For
> libcangjie2-dev{-tools}, I had given it a second thought as well after
> receiving the bug reports. Do you suggest it is better to use the original
> libcangjie-dev name instead? If you agree I am happy to make the change.

If ABI change is small and programs using it can compile with
-dev file for libcangjie and  libcangjie2, then it should be the same
-dev name (even dropped API, your program may compile).  If they are
completely different, maybe different name with proper dependency
specified to avoid serious bug.  That is my thought.

I am no expert and quite a novice on this isse.