software update on lists.debian.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
this morning, the program (mhonarc) generating the Debian list
archives was updated. We hope that this fixes / allows us to fix e.g.
some of the encoding problems with non-ascii mails and headers.
So far, only the most recent (2007-11 for monthly and 2007 for yearly
lists) archives have been regenerated, we will do the others at a later
point of time.
Known side effects of this upgrade include
- - attachment names are random, and ATM we do not intend to provide a
stable way of linking to them (as opposed to messages where URI
stability is of great importance),
- - rel="no-follow" on external links,
- - a preference of numerical over named HTML entity encodings,
(Personally, I like the names better, but I'm not sure that this
is an issue of great priority.)
- - some "address-like" headers (Return-Path) are clickable mailto links,
- - some stuff is formatted with "pre" that used to have "tt" + "br"
If you find what you believe are regressions that need fixing, please
do not hesitate to file a bug against the listarchives pseudo-package.
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: GnuPG key at <http://thomas.viehmann.net/>
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----