Re: Updated Debian Ports installation images 2021-09-23

Hello!

On 9/25/21 03:07, Pedro Miguel Justo wrote:
> Still crashes on my rx2660, even with hardened_usercopy=off, which is
> strange since the panic is on usercopy_abort. I wonder if somehow the
> option is not being read. I added it after nomodeset (which is also
> required in this system).

Yes, I have observed the same issue on an RX2620. It seems that there are
some machines where the kernel option doesn't help but only using an older
4.19.x kernel from the 2020-07-16 installation image.

I would recommend searching for all available firmware updates. I know that
at least the RAID controller would cause the device driver to cause issues
when the firmware was too old.

As for the bug itself, Sergei Trofimovich said he has a possible solution but
I don't know when the fix is going to be released.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz