Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

On 2019-04-12 23:01, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Joerg Jaspert, le ven. 12 avril 2019 22:48:42 +0200, a ecrit:
> > back in August 2018 we discussed architecture inclusion into
> > unstable/experimental.
> >
> > Today we had our regular FTPMaster meeting and discussed hurd and both
> > kfreebsd architecture and decided to remove them from unstable and
> > experimental 2 weeks from now.
>
> Just before the Buster release? That's far from the easiest timing.
>
> I was hoping to do a non-official relase of Debian Hurd along Buster as
> usual, but a change of archive, which means uploading packages, fixing
> scripts, etc. will take a lot of time, which I simply just will not have
> within the coming two-three months (I am already struggling to find time
> to do what I engaged to). Basically, it means no non-official release of
> Debian Hurd along Buster. Or at best I could just make that non-official
> release now, with all the still pending RC bugs.
>
> How is the move to debian-ports supposed to happen? I won't have the
> time to do anything about it within the 2 weeks.

The process to inject all packages to debian-ports is to get all the
deb, udeb and buildinfo files from the archives (main and debug) and
associate them with the .changes files that are hosted on coccia. We'll
also need to fetch all the associated GPG keys used to sign the changes
files. Then we can inject that in the debian-ports archive.

It would be nice to have a bit more than 2 weeks to do all of that.

Aurelien