Re: Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" installation feedback on zx6000

Hi,

Yes, the GDM bug is still there. I regularly update the related bug
report (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=537572).

But now that I know the root cause, it's easy to work around: simply
recompile the current gnome-settings-daemon package with -Wl,-z,defs
removed from the LDFLAGS of the debian/rules build script.

You'll get then a working gnome-settings-daemon package that you can
overwrite the current one :-)

Regards,

     Émeric