Re: GCC-4.5 as the default for (at least some) architectures

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 02:34:01 +0100
Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:

> I'll make gcc-4.5 the default for (at least some) architectures
> within the next two weeks before more transitions start.  GCC-4.5 is
> already used as the default compiler for almost any other
> distribution, so there shouldn't be many surprises on at least the
> common architectures.  About 50% of the build failures exposed by
> GCC-4.5 are fixed [1].  I didn't see issues on amd64 and i386, armel
> (although optimized for a different processor) and powerpc (some
> object files linked into shared libs had to be built as pic).

GCC4.5 still segfault when i try to compile, all previous version work
fine (without any kind of warning), maybe my GCC4.5 isn't the right one
(4.5.2-4), but i'm not so sure can be deployed as "default" (compiling
on i386)