Debian install on an ia64, HP Pavilion dv6t-1000

I'm trying to install "Lenny" onto an HP Pavilion dv6t-1000 CTO Entertainment notebook PC, P/N NB636AV with: System board ID, 3627; Intel Itanium Core 2 Duo CPU, P8600 @2GHz; BIOS version F.22.

I've tried every CD-based installation available, ending with professionally produced DVD's; no joy! The BIOS/CMOS recognizes the DVD in the drive, but absolutely refuses to boot from it. Instead, the screen clears, the cursor performs a newline, then, nothing; the PC hangs. Apparently, the BIOS is the problem.

I've asked HP for help and they've flat out refused to support the effort.

Next, I'll try network installation and Linux within Windows. But, I'd rather a straight boot -- anybody got any suggestions?