Re: NAMD on Sarge?

On Friday 24 June 2005 02:48, Kenneth Geisshirt wrote:
> I'm trying to compile NAMD 2.5 on my IA64 box running Sarge. I get a lot
> of warnings and finally syntax errors! As compiler I'm using gcc 3.3.
>
> The warnings and syntax error:
>
> In file included from src/common.C:22:
> src/common.h:29:18: warning: use of C99 long long integer constant
> src/common.h:31:21: warning: use of C99 long long integer constant
> In file included from src/common.C:23:
> src/InfoStream.h:30: error: parse error before `{' token
>

> Does anyone had any success compiling NAMD?
>
> Thanks in advance
>   kneth
I decided to give it a try. Got NAMD source OK. Readme says to get specific
version of charm++ from CVS. Web site for charm++ says CVS only works from
the UIUC campus. Couldn't get the latest tarball -- page not found.
Downloaded an earlier version of charm++ Couldn't compile as it is
way too old. (Uses vararg.h which has been removed)

Looks like you got a lot farther than I did.
Richard Harke