Re: Is Debian on HP rx2600 usable?

Am Sa, den 02.10.2004 schrieb Alex Williamson um 17:06:
> On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 15:32 +0200, Peter Littmann wrote:

> > What will I need?
>
>    It can be done with the Woody installer, but I wouldn't recommend it.
> The Linux Enablement Kit from HP can be used to install Woody (see the
> ia64 ports page for a link - http://www.debian.org/ports/ia64), or the
> latest daily build images for the Sarge installer should work.
Will I need the Linux Enablement Kit for Woody only, or for Sarge too?

Will EFI find the Sarge Debian CD and can it boot from it just like a
PC-Boot from CD? Must it be inserted while switching Power on?

The Sarge Installer build images require a internet connection for
further download and installation, right?
Which CDs (1-14) would I need for a Installation without Internet during
the Installation?

Peter