Re: Sign up in DDTSS not working (?)

Hi,

On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 12:05:21AM +0200, Thomas Vincent wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Le 06/05/2024 à 20:27, Carlos Henrique Lima Melara a écrit :
> > Hi, i18n friends!
> >
> > Last week we had MiniDebConf Belo Horizonte 2024 and a lot of new
> > contributors joined l10n-portuguese so we are planning a DDTSS workshop
> > tomorrow (tuesday 11pm UTC). To speed things up, we asked everyone to
> > create an account beforehand, but people are saying they are not getting
> > the confirmation email and can't login after registration. Could you
> > guys take a look?
>
> Yes, I received several emails about that today.

Sorry for the spam.

> I receive daily reports from DDTSS' update script, so I know the email
> system is working. I suspect that users who didn't receive the confirmation
> email are mainly using gmail and that something is missing to make DDTSS
> messages appear legitimate to gmail servers.

I think it may be more than gmail, some people reported not receveing
the activation email in Yahoo and Tutanota [1] too.

> I tried to find all recently created accounts and activated them.
> If I missed some, please let me know.

Ok, if you could take another look later today, it would be very
helpful since the workshop will happen today. Also, some people are
directly emailing you. (maybe we could setup a support email or
something so people don't spam you directly)

> Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for bringing new
> contributors to DDTSS. :)

Thank you for maintaining DDTSS and handling this so fast!

> Thomas
>

> > Please CC replies because I'm not subscribed to i18n mailing list.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Charles

Cheers,
Charles