Re: Looking for the way to update the Installation Guide (Spanish)

El 2020-05-14 a las 21:05 +0200, Holger Wansing escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > (Cc'ing me is okay)
> >
> > I'm considering updating the «jewel in the crown» of Debian, which is of
> > course the Installation Guide, a must for new users and also the older ones.

(...)

> > ¹ <https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es>
> > ² https://d-i.debian.org/manual/es.amd64/index.html
>
> Hmm, you already found the correct git repository at Salsa, and you also found
> the directory ../po/es where the spanish po files are (above at ¹).
> So, I'm unsure what you want me to do.

(...)

:-)

I'm currently updating the PO files placed under $SALSA/.../po/es,
and figured out (with your valuable help) how to file a proper bug report
and how to deal (aka, do not disturb) with the mailing list
«robomonitor» routine so the files can be pulled up/committed or whatever it is called now.

That's no problem.

The fact is that your answer makes me think I'm missing the point that
these PO files are indeed the Installation Guide manual itself. Is that
right? I always (maybe wrongly) thought installation-guide PO files were intended for
Debian installer screen¹ and Installation Guide manual was a separate
set of XML based files, ending up in our beloved online manual².

¹ <https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/images.tr/inst-lang-txt.png>
² https://d-i.debian.org/manual/es.amd64/index.html

> Statistics for the installation-guide can be found at
> https://d-i.debian.org/manual/
> at the bottom of the page.

Yes, thanks, I already used that page to know about the status of the
translations. I was just confused by the nomenclature in there, I
mean, I thought PO-based translations (Spanish is at 89%) were different from
XML-based translations (no stats at all, so... nobody's using XML format?).

If you say keeping PO files updated is all what we need to keep the
Installation Guide XML synced and up-to-date, I'll just keep my current
work on these files.

Thanks!

--
Camaleón