Re: jove 4.17.1.0-1: Please update debconf PO translation for the package jove

On sabato 01 febbraio 2020, at 22:40 +0100, Cord Beermann wrote:
> You are noted as the last translator of the debconf translation for
> jove. The English template has been changed, and now some messages
> are marked "fuzzy" in your translation or are missing.

Hi!

I am in the process of updating this po file, but I am puzzled by something.

It looks like the following 4 (2?) messages were supposed to be multiline messages but are rendered like 1 single message for each line instead of 2 messages of 2 lines. This makes the translation quite akward.

Usually I see multiline messages so I think there would be any problem transforming these 4 lines too in 2 messages only.

But I don't know if there are technical reasons for this choice.

> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../jove.templates:3001
> msgid "we found the obsolete /etc/init.d/jove script and have now"
> msgstr ""
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../jove.templates:3001
> msgid "removed it. check NEWS.Debian for more information."
> msgstr ""
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../jove.templates:4001
> msgid "we found old files in /var/lib/jove/preserve/ . You can recover"
> msgstr ""
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../jove.templates:4001
> msgid "those by running jove -r. check NEWS.Debian for more information."
> msgstr ""

I will go on with the translation anyway as they are.

And thanks a lot for warning us translators of the update to the
message .po file. It is indeed appreciated!!

Thanks,

beatrice