buster and the release notes

Dear all,

As I hope you are all aware, we are in the final phase of the Debian 10
'buster' release. This means that we also want to get the release notes
for buster into shape and translated.

This is the first time that *I* am trying to coordinate this a bit, so
help me out. Hinted by some notes, I propose the following, if people
have time to help out.

* l10n-english could do a review of the current text of all chapters,
keeping in mind that especially the issues.dbk file will keep receiving
updates during the releasing process, so the other files make more sense
to check first. The about.dbk, installing.dbk, moreinfo.dbk and
release-notes.dbk have close to zero changed or added text, so if the
previous release notes were acceptable, those files are fine already. I
hope all members that want to contribute to review of proposed changes
can also subscribe to merge request notifications in the salsa interface
[1], such that proposals that *don't* go via the bts still get the
proper attention. Is aiming for a review within two weeks reasonable?

* Translation teams can start making sure translations are up-to-date, I
suggest starting with the about.dbk, installing.dbk, moreinfo.dbk and
release-notes.dbk files. Other files may receive more updates to
existing texts (depending on the answer to the review timing question in
the previous paragraph) resulting in possible unnecessary churn on fuzzy
strings in just translated items. I hope that after two weeks, in
principle only new text will be added.

I have seen updates to translations already, so I guess at least some
teams have direct access [2]. I *guess* I can grant other teams access
if they request it. Since the migration from Alioth to salsa, the
archive is available in git and changes can be submitted with merge
requests as an alternative. The bugs in the bts against the
release-notes package remain a supported option as well.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or remarks.

Let's get ready for the release.

Paul

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/release-notes hit drop-down menu
next to the bell-sign and select what you find appropriate
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/release-notes