Re: i18n and l10n of desktop environments

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> In the discussion about whether jessie should default to installing
> gnome or xfce (or whatever), the question was raised that some might be
> better translated than others.
>
> So, this has been included as a criteria on this wiki page:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Requalification/Jessie
> I invite either the i18n team as a whole or a motivated member to come
> up with some kind of answer to this question:
>
> How well is each desktop internationalized and translated? It would be
> great to get some hard numbers, perhaps of the form "X% of world
> population can use $desktop in their native language". Please rank
> desktops from -1 to +1.

To -i18n folks: don't blindly assume that "oh this is a bubulle thing,
he'll certainly do that very well"....;-). I'm not that well involved
in DE i18n activities and you already know about my free time being
shrinked...;-)