Re: Translations of FreeDict package descriptions

On Thursday 13 February 2014, at 20:28 +0100, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> On [1] however, I just saw the possibility to get n (random) package
> descriptions via e-mail, but I want to select which packages I translate.
> Can I somehow translate requested packages?

Exactly in the same paragraph (at the end) it says "To obtain the
description of a special package package use GET package lang. " :)

So, yes, in theory it is possible.

I foresee some problems. First of all, from what I read on the
mailing-list here I think the email system has some problems.

Then there is the issue that some languages have requested (Italian did
at least, IIRC) to disable the email interface since the translations
made that way go directly into the system without any chance for a
review and many languages consider revewing and important step of the
translation process.

That is just my experience as a DDTP user/translator; an admin might
give you more infos.

beatrice