Re: [DDTP/DDTSS] Strange way new translation are handled - is there a problem with the system?

On 2 November 2013 17:41, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, so I looked into this and the problem is more subtle. As stated above, the full descriptions are no longer in the Packages files but in the Translation-en file. What appears to be happening is that when a Package changes description and that this change doesn't propagate to all architectures at the same time, then there is a package in a Packages file that refers to a description that isn't present in the Translation-en file. That is the Translation-en only contains one description per package even though there are multiple versions in the archive.

I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a bug, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Okay, it turns out I missed that s390 was removed from the archive. This meant the DDTS was trying to load an old s390 Packages file with the current Translation-en file, which lead to the discrepancies.

I've added some more checks, we'll see tonight if they help.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/