Intent to NMU pppconfig to fix pending po l10n bugs

Le 13/12/2011 13:12, Micah Gersten a écrit :

> Updating the .po files in the clean rule increases the diff for downstream distributions
> when regenerating a source package.  Please consider doing that in a separate rule.

If no string have been changed in the manual pages, the po4a update [0]
won't change any file. If some string have changed, it's normal to
update the PO files, and to ask for translation update.

	0: po4a --rm-translations man/po4a.cfg

> Thanks for considering the patch.

Please don't apply such patch, it would be a pity for keeping
translation up to date. I even note that this package has seen no update
from its maintainer in the last four years, and that the last three NMU
are about mostly localization (too bad there was no proper call for
translation update with the last one…).

John, would you mind if I coordinate a call for translation, so we can
fix the current translation status? If you don't reply within a week,
I'll post an NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you (maintainer)
CC'ed, and the actual call for translation update. This can happen
earlier if the maintainer agrees. Ten days latter, I'll prepare the NMU
(or better, will hand the the debdiff to the maintainer) and send upload
it to DELAYED/7-day. It will fix at least #654852 (Russian translation),
and probably many more translation update:

language        translated     fuzzy     untranslated
- -----------------------------------------------------
  ca                97          38             2
  cs               135           2
  da                97          38             2
  de               137
  el                97          38             2
  es                97          38             2
  eu               126           9             2
  fi                97          38             2
  fr               134           3
  gl               126           9             2
  he               134           3
  id               126           9             2
  it                97          38             2
  ja               134           3
  ko                97          38             2
  lt               135           2
  nb                97          38             2
  nl                97          38             2
  nn                97          38             2
  pt               129           8
  pt_BR             97          38             2
  ro               126           9             2
  ru               129           8
  sk               135           2
  sv               135           2
  tl               126           9             2
  tr                97          38             2
  vi               126           9             2
  zh_CN             97          38             2
  zh_TW             97          38             2

Regards

David