Re: [Debian-l10n-devel] Plans for a Debian i18n sprint "towards i18n.debian.org" in Paris, June 15th-17th

Hello,

On 23-04-2012 01:54, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@gmail.com):
>> Good news about the sprint.
>>
>> On 21 April 2012 17:40, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>>> - Martijn van Oosterhout, as the person who is the most aware of the DDT* things. I think Martijn lives in the Netherlands
>>
>> I've already arranged to be free that weekend, so I can come. I'm not sure what needs to be done to ensure that it goes ahead because, as pointed out,
>> the costs go up the shorter notice it is. The soon we know for sure, the sooner we can book.
>
> I understand that, of course.
>
> I really need to raise at least two blockers: - Felipe being present or not

I can attend, the dates work for me.   Most of my lack of time during
the last six months was because of a extremely reduced team at my
company.  The new hires are arriving in May, and I already blocked the
dates for the i18n sprint.

> - the i18n.debian.org machine being available or not
>
> 1) Felipe was the one leading the new machine installation (and designing most of churro along with me and Nicolas) and I would feel too alone if he's not
> here

Just for the record, I do need travel and accommodation sponsorship. :(

> 2) if we don't have a machine to work on, then we need to switch our attention to something else. Hence the need for an answer about the exact meaning of
> the prepared i18n.debian.org being decommissioned as Peter Palfrader said. Without DSA support, I'm not sure we can do more than just moving i18n.d.n to
> another non-DSA machine.....and I'm not sure we need a sprint (and Debian money) for that.

If we did commit ourselves to use it, I don't see a problem, they
might not be very happy with us because of underusing it since
DC11, but it is vital for Debian to have all the i18n services on
a hardware we can trust, with backup and long term support planned.

Once again, we can prepare details ahead of time and a couple of
weeks I can start moving services to test everything and make the
most of the sprint.

And here is my public apology for DSA for not using the machine
right after DC11. :-(

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@debian.org>