Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of tex-common to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Hi Christian,

On Do, 01 Mär 2012, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> The tex-common Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 652627 (and maybe other similar bugs).

(Dutch translation) THat is already in tex-common 2.11~1 in our
repository. I don't mind uploading that, but it will create
a bit of havoc since suddenly we have mtxrun also running there.

Do you use what we have in the svn repository, or do you create your
own package?

Honestly said, I don't want to upload any subsitantial changes to
tex-common now, as I am crazy packaging TL2012 and a serious new
version of tex-common v3 with many changes to the handling of
the config files, which will also need a rebuild opf many packages.

THus, I propose that you go ahead with the NMU at any time.
Consider this hereby a free ticket for any further NMU which regards
only translation things. You don't even need to wait for 7 days or
whatever, straight upload, as *I* will probably not upload
anything new to unstable soon. Only

As soon as tex-common v3 hits the shelfs, please again contact us
before NMUing ;-)

Thanks for all your work

Norbert

Arthur yawed wildly as his skin tried to jump one way and
his skeleton the other, whilst his brain tried to work out
which of his ears it most wanted to crawl out of.
`Bet you weren't expecting to see me again,' said the
monster, which Arthur couldn't help thinking was a strange
remark for it to make, seeing as he had never met the
creature before. He could tell that he hadn't met the
creature before from the simple fact that he was able to
sleep at nights.
                 --- Arthur discovering who had diverted him from going to a
                 --- party.