[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of tomcat7 to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the radar ping. I'll perform an upload of tomcat7 in the next
few days so we have the translation in the archive by the end of
February.  Sorry that this one has taken so long.  We did apply the
patch the day that Jeroen sent it, but nothing else had triggered an
upload.  At this point, we have several things to fix, so the time is right.

Thank you,

On 02/26/2012 01:01 AM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
> ("oh no, not him again"...)
> The tomcat7 Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 651162 (and maybe other similar bugs).
> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with what I usually call an "NMU intent"...:-). Please take this as a "very
> soft" NMU intent. Of course, there is no hurry or deadline...just
> "old" bugs we think are easy to get rid of.
> In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part
> of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
> possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for tomcat7 in order to fix
> this as well as all pending translations for the debconf templates.
> Of course, as you're probably pretty active on that package, an upload
> by you would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
> updates.
> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
> building NMUs for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.
> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
> or if I don't receive any answer in 4 days) is roughly the following:
>  Sunday, February 26, 2012   : send this notice
>  Thursday, March 01, 2012       : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
>                  (maintainer) CC'ed
>  Friday, March 09, 2012       : deadline for receiving translation updates
>  Saturday, March 10, 2012       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/7-day
>                  send the NMU patch to the BTS
>  Saturday, March 17, 2012       : NMU reaches incoming
> If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
> handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
> That will just require a few days. That could maybe save you from
> seeing me coming back again in a few months.
> In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for
> tomcat7 and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order to fix
> any issue potentially introduced by my upload.
> Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this
> process.
> If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
> alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply to: