Re: [RFR] wml://News/weekly/2011/14/index.wml Debian Project News frozen. Please review and translate

Thank you David,
here are some remarks:

DebConf will be preceded by a day when the doors are opened
to the general public, commonly called Debian Day.
"when" sounds strange here. "during which" would work for sure.

Among the consequences: [...]
and Adnan has taken a vacation to prepare himself for his next projects.

Sorry if I'm failing to get a tone, but this (listing someone taking a vacation as an effect of DebConf 11) sounds bizarre to me.

Julien Cristau announced that in the current testing Debian distribution, the

Although this is technically correct, this is a particular way to put it. The phrasing is an understatement, which I find a little technical to be conveyed by the DPN. I suggest:

As announced by Julien Cristau, the default Python version in Wheezy is now 2.7 (rather than 2.6).

Meike Reichle officially announced the<a
href="http://wiki.debian.org/BSPMarathonWheezy";>Wheezy
Bug Squashing Party Marathon</a>  open, starting<a
href="http://wiki.debian.org/BSP2011/Hildesheim";>December
2 2011 in Hildesheim</a>.

The phrasing doesn't really make sense to me. "open" seems to be lost.
Regarding the date, I suggest to add a comma between "2" and "2011", or to simply drop the year.

[...] Kouhei Maeda,
Rodolphe Pelloux-Prayer,
and
Ahmed Toulan