Re: Intent to NMU nis to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Quoting Mark Brown (broonie@debian.org):
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 11:49:28PM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>
> > I have the intention, as part of a more general action of the Debian
> > i18n Task Force to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
> > for nis in order to fix this as well as all pending translations
> > for the debconf templates.
>
> Please don't do this, a maintainer upload will arrive at some time.
> Bear in mind that we've been in a freeze for a considerable period of
> time which has blocked uploads.

Of course, I understand that (even though upload with only l10n fixes
were perfectly welcomed until the very end of the freeze: you weren't
nagged about nis because the missing translations were not about the
nearly complete languages).

Holding off my NMU intent as of now. Thanks for your answer!

Oh, would it actually help if I issue a call for new translations
and/or updates. Then, after a "reasonable" time I could give you a GO
for an upload. That would minimizes chances that, Murphy helping, a
new translation comes two days after you upload the package..:-)