Announce of an upcoming upload for the debsums package

Hi Ryan, and Debian translators,

Le 31/10/2010 14:12, Ryan Niebur a écrit :
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 01:03:34PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
>>
>> Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to
>> this process.
>
> no objections, go ahead.

Thanks for your quick answer, so I can start earlier the translation
update round. At the end of this period, I will send a full patch so
that an l10n upload can happen.
The full planned schedule is available at the end of this mail.

The debconf templates of this package is currently translated to:
cs da de es fi fr gl it ja nl pt pt_BR ru sv uk vi zh_TW

Among these, the following translations is incomplete: pt_BR

The manual pages of this package are currently translated to:
de es fr pt_BR ru sv

Among these, the following translations are incomplete: de pt_BR sv

If you did any of the, currently incomplete, translations you will get
ANOTHER mail with the translation to update.

Other translators also have the opportunity to create new translations
for this package. Once completed, please send them as a bug report
against the debsums package so I can incorporate them in the build.

The deadline for receiving updates and new translations is Wednesday,
November 10, 2010. If you are not in time you can always send your
translation to the BTS.

The POT files are attached to this mail.

Schedule:

 Sunday, October 31, 2010     :	send this notice
 Wednesday, November 10, 2010 :	deadline for receiving translation
				updates
 Thursday, November 11, 2010  : build the package
 Sunday, November 14, 2010    : upload the package to DELAYED/2-day,
				send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Tuesday, November 16, 2010   :	NMU reaches incoming

Thanks for your efforts and time.

# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: debsums@packages.debian.org\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-06-26 16:22+1200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../templates:1001
msgid "Should debsums files be generated automatically by apt-get?"
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../templates:1001
msgid ""
"Not all packages contain debsums information. However, apt can be configured "
"to generate debsums files for installed packages automatically. This may be "
"useful for checking system integrity later, but it should not be relied upon "
"as a security measure."
msgstr ""
# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE
# Copyright (C) YEAR Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-12-20 14:01-0800\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

#. type: TH
#: debsums.1:5 debsums_init.8:1 debsums_gen.8:1
#, no-wrap
msgid "DEBSUMS"
msgstr ""

#. type: TH
#: debsums.1:5
#, no-wrap
msgid "\\*(Dt"
msgstr ""

#. type: TH
#: debsums.1:5
#, no-wrap
msgid "Debian"
msgstr ""

#. type: TH
#: debsums.1:5
#, no-wrap
msgid "User Commands"
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:6 debsums_init.8:2 debsums_gen.8:2
#, no-wrap
msgid "NAME"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:8
msgid "debsums - check the MD5 sums of installed Debian packages"
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:8 debsums_init.8:4 debsums_gen.8:4
#, no-wrap
msgid "SYNOPSIS"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:13
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:13 debsums_init.8:6 debsums_gen.8:11
#, no-wrap
msgid "DESCRIPTION"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:16
msgid ""
"Verify installed Debian package files against MD5 checksum lists from "
"/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:19
msgid ""
"B<debsums> can generate checksum lists from deb archives for packages that "
"don't include one."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:19 debsums_gen.8:40
#, no-wrap
msgid "OPTIONS"
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:20
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-a>, B<--all>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:23
msgid "Also check configuration files (normally excluded)."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:23
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-e>, B<--config>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:26
msgid "B<Only> check configuration files."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:26
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-c>, B<--changed>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:30
msgid "Report changed file list to stdout (implies B<-s>)."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:30
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-l>, B<--list-missing>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:33
msgid "List packages (or debs) which don't have an MD5 sums file."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:33
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-s>, B<--silent>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:36
msgid "Only report errors."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:36
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-m>, B<--md5sums>=I<file>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:40
msgid "Read list of deb checksums from I<file>."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:40
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-r>, B<--root>=I<dir>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:43
msgid "Root directory to check (default /)."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:43
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-d>, B<--admindir>=I<dir>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:46
msgid "dpkg admin directory (default /var/lib/dpkg)."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:46
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-p>, B<--deb-path>=I<dir>[:I<dir>...]"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:50
msgid ""
"Directories in which to look for debs derived from the package name (default "
"is the current directory)."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:54
msgid ""
"A useful value is /var/cache/apt/archives when using B<apt-get autoclean> or "
"not clearing the cache at all.  The command:"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:57
msgid "apt-get --reinstall -d install \\`debsums -l\\`"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:61
msgid "may be used to populate the cache with any debs not already in the cache."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:69
msgid ""
"B<Note:> This doesn't work for CD-ROM and other local sources as packages "
"are not copied to /var/cache.  Simple B<file> sources (all debs in a single "
"directory) should be added to the B<-p> list."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:69
#, no-wrap
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:77
msgid ""
"Generate MD5 sums from deb contents.  If the argument is a package name "
"rather than a deb archive, the program will look for a deb named "
"option."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:78
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<missing>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:81
msgid "Generate MD5 sums from the deb for packages which don't provide one."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:81
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<all>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:85
msgid ""
"Ignore the on disk sums and use the one supplied in the deb, or generated "
"from it if none exists."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:85
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<keep>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:89
msgid "Write the extracted/generated sums to /var/lib/dpkg/info/I<package>.md5sums."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:89
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<nocheck>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:95
msgid ""
"Implies B<keep>; the extracted/generated sums are not checked against the "
"installed package."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:101
msgid ""
"For backward compatibility, the short option B<-g> is equivalent to "
"B<--generate=missing>."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:101
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<--no-locale-purge>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:104
msgid "Report missing locale files even if localepurge is configured."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:104
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<--no-prelink>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:107
msgid "Report changed ELF files even if prelink is configured."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:107
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<--ignore-permissions>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:110
msgid "Treat permission errors as warnings when running as non-root."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:110
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<--help>"
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:113
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<--version>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:117
msgid "Print help and version information."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:117
#, no-wrap
msgid "EXIT STATUS"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:122
msgid ""
"B<debsums> returns B<0> on success, or a combination* of the following "
"values on error:"
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:122
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<1>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:126
msgid ""
"A specified package or archive name was not installed, invalid or the "
"installed version did not match the given archive."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:126
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<2>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:129
msgid "Changed or missing package files, or checksum mismatch on an archive."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:129
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<255>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:132
msgid "Invalid option."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:135
msgid "*If both of the first two conditions are true, the exit status will be B<3>."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:135
#, no-wrap
msgid "EXAMPLES"
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:136
#, no-wrap
msgid "debsums foo bar"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:142
msgid "Check the sums for installed packages B<foo> and B<bar>."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:142
#, no-wrap
msgid "debsums foo.deb bar.deb"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:145
msgid "As above, using checksums from (or generated from) the archives."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:145
#, no-wrap
msgid "debsums -l"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:148
msgid "List installed packages with no checksums."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:148
#, no-wrap
msgid "debsums -ca"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:151
msgid "List changed package files from all installed packages with checksums."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:151
#, no-wrap
msgid "debsums -ce"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:154
msgid "List changed configuration files."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:154
#, no-wrap
msgid "debsums -cagp /var/cache/apt/archives"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:157
msgid "As above, using sums from cached debs where available."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:157
#, no-wrap
msgid ""
"apt-get install --reinstall $(dpkg -S $(debsums -c) | cut -d : -f 1 | sort "
"-u)"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:160
msgid "Reinstalls packages with changed files."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:160
#, no-wrap
msgid "RESULTS"
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:161
#, no-wrap
msgid "OK"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:164
msgid "The file's md5sum is good."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:164
#, no-wrap
msgid "FAILED"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:167
msgid "The file's md5sum does not match."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:167
#, no-wrap
msgid "REPLACED"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:170
msgid "The file has been replaced by a file from a different package."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:170
#, no-wrap
msgid "NOTES"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:175
msgid ""
"The default installation of B<debsums> package sets the debconf boolean "
"value debsums/apt-autogen to be \"true\"."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:179
msgid "This will create B</etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90debsums> as:"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:184
#, no-wrap
msgid ""
"DPkg::Post-Invoke {\n"
"    \"debsums --generate=nocheck -sp /var/cache/apt/archives\";\n"
"};\n"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:190
msgid ""
"by the postinst script (E<gt>=2.0.7).  Every APT controlled package "
"installation processes will execute this code fragment to generate the "
"missing B<md5sums> files from the binary packages."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:198
msgid ""
"In order to create B<md5sums> files for the already installed packages, you "
"must run B<debsums_init> once after the installation of B<debsums> package."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:198
#, no-wrap
msgid "SEE ALSO"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:201
msgid "B<md5sum>(1), B<debsums_init>(8)"
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:201
#, no-wrap
msgid "ENVIRONMENT"
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums.1:202
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<TMPDIR>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:206
msgid ""
"Directory for extracting information and contents from package archives "
"(/tmp by default)."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:206
#, no-wrap
msgid "CAVEATS"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:213
msgid ""
"While in general the program may be run as a normal user, some packages "
"contain files which are not globally readable so cannot be checked.  "
"Privileges are of course also required when generating sums with the B<keep> "
"option set."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:216
msgid ""
"Files which have been replaced by another package may be erroneously "
"reported as changed."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:221
msgid ""
"B<debsums> is intended primarily as a way of determining what installed "
"files have been locally modified by the administrator or damaged by media "
"errors and is of limited use as a security tool."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:231
msgid ""
"If you are looking for an integrity checker that can run from safe media, do "
"integrity checks on checksum databases and can be easily configured to run "
"periodically to warn the admin of changes see other tools such as: B<aide>, "
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:231 debsums_init.8:36 debsums_gen.8:51
#, no-wrap
msgid "AUTHOR"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:233
msgid "Written by Brendan O'Dea E<lt>bod@debian.orgE<gt>."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:236
msgid ""
"Based on a program by Christoph Lameter E<lt>clameter@debian.orgE<gt> and "
"Petr Cech E<lt>cech@debian.orgE<gt>."
msgstr ""

#. type: SH
#: debsums.1:236
#, no-wrap
msgid "COPYRIGHT"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:238
msgid "Copyright \\(co 2002 Brendan O'Dea E<lt>bod@debian.orgE<gt>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums.1:241
msgid ""
"This is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public "
"License.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR "
"A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."
msgstr ""

#. type: TH
#: debsums_init.8:1 debsums_gen.8:1
#, no-wrap
msgid "Debian Utilities"
msgstr ""

#. type: TH
#: debsums_init.8:1 debsums_gen.8:1
#, no-wrap
msgid "DEBIAN"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:4
msgid "debsums_init - Initialize md5sums files for packages lacking them"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:6
msgid "B<debsums_init>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:13
msgid ""
"B<debsums_init> will look for packages that did not install their B<md5sums> "
"files. Then, it will generate those B<md5sums> files from the binary "
"packages downloaded via APT if available."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:25
msgid ""
"This initialization process is needed since there are many packages which do "
"not ship B<md5sums> file in their binary packages.  If you enable "
"I<auto-gen> option while installing B<debsum> package, you need to run this "
"B<debsums_init> command only once after you install the B<debsums> package."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:28
msgid "B<debsums_init> needs to be invoked as superuser."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:33
msgid ""
"You may wish to clear local package cache prior to running B<debsums_init> "
"command to make sure you are creating from the untainted packages by "
"executing:"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:35
msgid "  apt-get clean"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_init.8:37
msgid "Osamu Aoki E<lt>osamu@debian.orgE<gt>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:4
msgid "debsums_gen - Generate /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums for packages lacking it"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:11
msgid "B<debsums_gen> [B<-l>] [[B<-f>] I<package> [I<package> \\&...]]"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:16
msgid ""
"B<debsums_gen> will look for packages that did not install a B<md5sums> "
"file. It will generate those checksums then from the installed files."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:22
msgid ""
"Deprecated: this program may be removed in a later release, see the debsums "
"B<--generate> option."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:29
msgid ""
"Note that this is not optimal. It is best if the md5sums are generated when "
"the maintainer builds the package. At the time that the system administrator "
"gets around to run this tool something might already have happened to the "
"files in the package. It is recommended to run this tool as soon as possible "
"after an upgrade or package installation in order to keep a full set of "
"checksums for all files installed."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:40
msgid ""
"When run with no options, B<debsums> will check all installed packages for "
"an B<md5sums> list. If one is not present, it will generate one for it from "
"the existing file list in B</var/lib/dpkg/info.> You may also specify "
"package name(s) on the command line to generate just those md5sum files. The "
"-f option will force overwriting the current md5sums file for the listed "
"package(s)."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums_gen.8:41
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-l>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:44
msgid "List packages which do not have an md5sums file already generated."
msgstr ""

#. type: TP
#: debsums_gen.8:44
#, no-wrap
msgid "B<-f>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:48
msgid ""
"Force overwriting current md5sums file when specifying packages on the "
"command line."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:51
msgid "B<debsums_gen> needs to be invoked as superuser."
msgstr ""

#. type: Plain text
#: debsums_gen.8:52
msgid "Christoph Lameter E<lt>clameter@debian.orgE<gt>"