Re: VI: Re: Tentative to get regular statistics for Installation Guide localization

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> On 26/10/2010, at 3:39 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>
> > vi:2423 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations.
>
> Um, I updated via SVN, and that updated two files (hardware.po and random-bits.po) but there are no fuzzy strings in these files.
>
> I checked, and there are no fuzzy strings in the vi files at all. This is despite RSS reporting three modifications to the original strings in the past two or three days.

There may be two reasons:

- I do the check after msgmerging the PO files with POT files. So, if
the PO files are not in sync with the POT files, then, while they look
complete, they aren't.

- Also, to be able to compute the overall statistics easily, I
concatenate all PO files together (msgcat *.po >bigfile.po). If there
are two identical strings in different PO files with different
translations, then msgcat marks the string as fuzzy.

I'll investigate that. I also need to check the existing status pages
which were pointed to me by others. Maybe my own script is not useful,
after all.