Re: udev 163-1: Please update debconf PO translation for the package udev

On 18/10/2010, at 3:07 AM, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Oct 17, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>> Please send the updated file to me, DO NOT OPEN BUGS against udev.
>> I really don't understand why. Bug reports are the only way to keep
>> track of things.
> Thankfully I can easily keep track of received emails without the added
> overhead of dealing with bug reports.

This puzzles me a bit, too. Firstly, I have concentration/memory difficulties, and find the BTS makes things simpler for me when I'm dealing with so many different files (I filter all send-to-BTS and sent-from-BTS mail into a separate mailbox), and secondly I can't track the status of my translation without the BTS.

Other translators within a team, and release coordinators can't track the status of translations without the stats the BTS produces.

I understand that as the package maintainer, you may have extra tasks involved in using the BTS, other than simply sending it email, receiving email back and monitoring the status of each bug, but it would be great if you were willing to take this on and use the BTS.

Grazie. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team