Re: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of foomatic-filters to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Le samedi 9 octobre 2010 10:18:46 Christian PERRIER, vous avez écrit :
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> ("oh no, not him again"...)
>
> The foomatic-filters Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 597968 (and maybe other similar bugs).

Hi Christian, and thanks for the heads-up !

> The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
> and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
> unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
> really should prevent translators from translating..:-)

Nah. Nice work, please keep going !

> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with an NMU intent...:-)

No problem.

> In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part
> of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
> possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for foomatic-filters in order to
> fix this as well as all pending translations for the debconf templates.
>
> Of course, as you seem pretty active on that package, an upload by you
> would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
> updates.

I just prepared a new release, especially for you:

http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/foomatic-
filters.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/debian/4.0.5-4

And also available there:

http://alioth.debian.org/~odyx-guest/debian/unstable/foomatic-
filters_4.0.5-4_amd64.changes

Unfortunately I can't upload this package myself (although I am DM, the package
doesn't have the DMUA flag set), so I'd appreciate if you could upload this
package for me (and making this a "Maintainer upload" with 0 delay). I can also
go ask the sponsor of the previous versions of it; just tell me your preference.

> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
> or if I don't receive any answer in 10 days) is roughly the following:

As mentioned; there is IMHO no need to wait; please just sponsor my package :-)

Cheers,

OdyX

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian Maintainer (DM).
CH-1020 Renens