Re: Intent to NMU console-log to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs (or drop debconf)

Marc Haber a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 03:01:35PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>> I think that, given that dropping the debconf note is planned, we can
>> skip the translation update round and you can just upload.
>
> Uploaded. Btw, I often cannot understand why new translations are
> provided for a debconf template that hasn't changed in eight years.

Mostly because some translation teams slowly go through *all* debconf
templates that are not completed in their language. And, given that this
represents a high number of packages, they have basically no way to know
which is important and which isn't.

It of course sometimes ends up in new translaitons sent for obsolete
material. As this example shows, this is sometimes the only way to
detect such obsolete material, indeed..:-)