Re: Intent to NMU console-log to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs (or drop debconf)

Quoting Marc Haber (mh+debian-packages@zugschlus.de):
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:44:24PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Actually, Marc, I think that the debconf note could be dropped as it
> > deals with transition from pre-0.8 versions and 0.8 appeared in
> > 2002...
>
> I can do that, but that would take some more time which I do not have
> at the moment.. I'll file a bug to remind myself.

This is probably something I can contribute to. I'll try to provide a
patch so that your time is spent on more productive tasks...

> > So, if you prefer, I can drop the debconf note in an NMU...or leave it
> > up to you, of course.
>
> Handling an NMU is much more work for the maintainer than doing the
> upload myself, so I'd prefer doing that myself.
>
> > If you intent to upload yourself, please notify me so that I interrupt
> > the process on my side. Please also don't upload without a discussion
> > with me. Some translators might send a few new translations and I can handle
> > a round of translation updates for you. Really, don't upload silently...:-)
>
> I intend to upload myself. The upload is waiting in another shell.

I think that, given that dropping the debconf note is planned, we can
skip the translation update round and you can just upload.

Thanks for your quick answer, Marc (as usual).