Re: Updating Tasksel translation - howto?

tags 540822 pending
tags 545312 pending
thanks

(control@bugs.d.o is bcc'ed)

Quoting Hans F. Nordhaug (Hans.F.Nordhaug@hiMolde.no):
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get Norwegian Bokmål on track again, and now it's time
> to update tasksel. I have read about Tasksel in the "Debian Installer
> Internationalization and Localization Guide" - see
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/ch01s05.html#id2707852
>
> It says "In case SVN commits are absolutely impossible, these updates
> can be sent as bug reports [...]". Hm, I just ran svn update on the

Uh. Outdated documentation detected. I'll correct this. Sorry for the
misleading message that made you lose valuable time.

> old tasksel folder (checked out from svn.debian.org) and it no longer
> contains anything. I see that they are using Git, so I guess the docs
> are wrong? However, since I'm not going to setup Git right now just to
> commit this translation, I checked if bug reports are actually handled.
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=tasksel;dist=unstable
> seems to indicate that it might not. (A Slovak and Russian update is
> still open.) Does this mean that Git is the only option?

Bugs are handled. The Slovak and Russian translations have been
committed to git but I apparently forgot to tag the bugs as pending
(some repos have hook scripts to do this automagically, some don't,
and I sometimes forget which is which)

.