Re: Smuxi (po-Engine): Please translate the package Smuxi (po-Engine)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 06:36:07 +0100
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> Quoting Mirco Bauer (meebey@debian.org):
> > Dear Debian I18N people,
> >
> > I would like to know if some of you would be interested in
> > translating Smuxi (po-Engine).
>

> Thanks for your concern about i18n/l10n.
>
> I would suggest you to also explain briefly to people in this group
> what is, in short, Smuxi.
>
> Of course, we could redirect people to the package description (I
> guess there's a Debian package..:-)) but a few words from you, while
> requesting the translation of the software, would help people figuring
> out if they want to spend their time on the translation.

Oh good point, I was too spoiled by podebconf-report-po perfect
work... :-P

So what is Smuxi?

Smuxi is a simple to use IRC client for GNOME. Smuxi is not limited to
IRC or GNOME but currently comes only for those. What's special about
Smuxi? It's the graphical solution to the loved and famous irssi +
screen combination by using a split smuxi-server / smuxi-frontend
approach.

I started to work on Smuxi a few years ago as I am heavily using IRC to
communicate with others for my work on Debian and other projects.
irssi+screen couldn't satisfy my needs for a full Linux desktop
experience.

And now I am seeking for interested translators to help localizing
Smuxi.

Debian package: http://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/smuxi
Website: http://www.smuxi.org/

--