Debian menu entry translations for squeeze

Dear I18N people,

I plan to have the Debian menu finally fully translated in squeeze.
This would work that way:

1) Everyday, all the menu files are extracted from all the packages in sid
and a POT file is build and stored in the GIT repository
<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/menu/menu-messages/.git>
The POT file is available at
<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/menu/menu-messages/menu-messages.pot>

2) A developer would maintain a new source Debian package,
menu-l10n which would contains this POT file and all the translations,
and the resulting MO file would be installed in the usual locations.

3) menu and menu-xdg will be changed automatically use menu-messages.mo if
available.

4) During the freeze, we would declare a 'menu string freeze' and I assume the
release-team would agree for a freeze exception for a final upload of menu-l10n since it is only a l10n change.

Opinions ? Comments ? Volunteering ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>