Re: Updating D-I Arabic translation

Marhaba, Ossama :)

On 24/09/2009, at 12:05 PM, Ossama Khayat wrote:

Hi,

Looking at the translation stats, i see Level 1 is incomplete.

Looked in git.debian.org but couldn't find the right .po file.

Can you please point me to where I can download it so I can update it?

You can find all the information you need in this doc:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/index.html

For example, to find the location of Level 1 files, you click on "1.4.3: Files location and access methods".

This tells you that Level 1 is divided into 5 sublevels, all of which are available via SVN (not git). (Some Debian packages have changed over to git, and some have not. This depends on the preference of the maintainer, and on the background situation.)

This section recommends you get and provide Level 1 translations via SVN, so if you don't have commit access to this repo., you should ask Christian Perrier (Debian-Installer Co-ordinator) about it. But meanwhile, section 1.4.3 also lists some direct HTTP links so you can access the current Turkish PO files and start updating them.

I hope this gets you started OK. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n