Re: [D-I Manual] String freeze / Call to update translations

Hi all!!!

Frans> Igor Támara wrote:
Frans> > Hi, On spanish we are willing to finish the translation for the
Frans> > d-i, but we have the doubt if we should work all the files on utf-8 or
Frans> > let them be in iso-8859-1 as they are right now.
Frans>
Frans> Hello Igor,
Frans>
Frans> Great to hear from you.
Frans>
Frans> It does not matter at all to me. If you want to convert the translation to
Frans> UTF-8, that's fine with me. All you need to do is use iconv and remove
Frans> the XML header that specifies the iso-8859-1 header.
Frans>
Frans> If you do want to do that conversion, please convert all documents at once
Frans> before you start updating. It will be less confusing in the long run.
Frans>
Frans> If you like, I can even do the conversion for you. I've done a few in the
Frans> past and it should take no more than 15 minutes or so. Just let me know.
Frans>

Ok, I'll give the message to other interested translators, so we will have
this in mind when we send the files translated, and given that we will touch
all the files, we will be converting them, thanks a lot for your help :)

Frans> Cheers,
Frans> FJP
Frans>
Frans>