Re: [D-I Manual] String freeze / Call to update translations

Igor Támara wrote:
> Hi, On spanish we are willing to finish the translation for the
> d-i, but we have the doubt if we should work all the files on utf-8 or
> let them be in iso-8859-1 as they are right now.

Hello Igor,

Great to hear from you.

It does not matter at all to me. If you want to convert the translation to
UTF-8, that's fine with me. All you need to do is use iconv and remove
the XML header that specifies the iso-8859-1 header.

If you do want to do that conversion, please convert all documents at once
before you start updating. It will be less confusing in the long run.

If you like, I can even do the conversion for you. I've done a few in the
past and it should take no more than 15 minutes or so. Just let me know.

Cheers,
FJP