Re: release notes and msgid-previous (was: Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

Quoting Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au>:
> What's our deadline for completing the release-notes translation?

We didn't yet agree on a deadline, but I suggest sth. like
Sunday, 2009-02-08 23:59 UTC for the English version and
Thursday, 2009-02-12 23:59 UTC for translations. OK?

> It would really help if the release-notes (and any other document
> translations using PO format) used the gettext feature msgid-previous
> [1] (as D-I and many debconf files do). This feature makes it much
> easier to see what changes have occurred in strings. It's especially
> helpful with complex or long strings: documentation files are a
> classic case.

Yes, there are two lines in the Makefile starting with UPDATEPO,
of which one is uncommented. Please change this in your local copy.
(We have to support etch, were po4a does not have --previous.)

Cheers!