Re: gforge 4.7~rc2+svn6766-1: Please translate the package gforge

Christian Perrier, 2009-01-18 08:02:10 +0100 :

> It could be interesting to see if we could hook Pootle
> (http://pootle.debian.net) on this. The only limitation is that I'm
> not sure that Pootle Is able to sync/puch to/from a BZR repository.

  Apparently Pootle delegates the version control stuff to
translate-toolkit, which seems to have a bzr.py.

> Pootle is very well adapted to the workflow you propose: the
> upstream author decides when to update material in the Pootle server
> (by manually syncing it with his|her repository) and then lets
> translators do their work and push it back to the repository (Pootle
> has an option to commit to remote repositores (SVN and
> GIT)....provided, of course, that this is arranged between the
> upstream author and the Pootle admin (/me in that case).

  That sounds interesting, although I think I would have preferred a
merge request.  On the other hand, I guess I (or you) could set up a
dedicated Bzr branch which Pootle could use, and I'd merge from that
from time to time.  How does that sound?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus.