Re: How use Launchpad translations for translate debian-installer upstreams?

Op Wo, 2009-01-07 om 10:16 +0100 skryf Marcos Alvarez Costales:
> Hi! Thanks very much by the great explanation ;)
> I undertand it, but convert the .po LP -> .po Upstream is a hard job.
> Well, I created a little python program for search translated from
> one .po to import to the .po.
> With it, I have automatic task of import all translated strings from
> LP.
> Maybe can be usefull for others people.
> (Remember isn't more tested ;))
> Cheers and thanks!

Or you could use tools from the gettext or Translate Toolkit packages
that have had quite a bit of testing and supports more PO features, such
as msgctxt. Take a look at pretranslate:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pretranslate

I'm quite sure it is close to what you are interested in. Something from
the gettext package can almost definitely also do this for you.

Keep well!
Friedel
--
Recently on my blog: