Re: Lenny installer string freeze status 20080903

Hi Christian,

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 08:26:28AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> 18 days left before the end of the string freeze

I suspect you want to tell us that there will be a release of the
installer on this date? Since there will be no release of Lenny
without an updated installer does this mean we can just continue
working on/requesting translations for nearly 3 weeks?

Currently you just informed us that we should expect further string
changes in 18 days (which is OK for me).

In the past months (situation was different for Etch IIRC) I was always
unsure whether Lenny will release next week, or later (applies to the
freeze as well, I cannot remember reading about the freeze announcement
of the base system). This made calling for translation updates
difficult. I also missed similar *concrete* announcements about the
release status (e.g. we still need at least one month) on the
debian-announce or devel lists. I know about the "once it is ready"
phrase but it makes planning hard.

Jens