Re: [Semi-OT] How must I setup my OWN Debian Mirror to use translated Packge Descriptions?

Hello Nicolas,

Am 2008-07-26 23:31:56, schrieb Nicolas François:
> Do you want to have a Debian Mirror with support for translated Package
> Descriptions (i.e. users can download translations of the Package
> Descriptions), or do you want to have a server where translators can login
> and translate Package Descriptions?

I have both.

1)  My private Debian Mirror is has currently arround 63 Source and
    218 Binary packages and since I have international user, I like
    to offer translated Package  Descriptions  in  german,  french,
    spanish and maybe turkish, arabic and farsi.

2)  Translations are done using pootle (and yes, "pootle" from Etch
    is crap and I will install the one from Testing/Unstable  since
    I have requested an useful feature to which the  Maintainer  is
    positive)

> For the first, you just have to mirror the
> /debian/dists/unstable/main/i18n/ directory on your preferred server.

OK, does this mean, I have to put the "i18n/" after  the  "main/"  from
each release or is "i18n/" an placeholder for the LANGUAGE?

> The second is not supported, and I don't think it should be encouraged
> unless synchronization of translation server get implemented.

To get the (initial) PO files for "pootle" I use the attached script.  I
have a new more complex script under development, which use "md5sum" and
versioned "po" files because I have several releases on my mirror.

OK, coding is not big problem for me, even in perl (which I learn  since
3 month) but I want to reinvent the wheel.  So I like to know, if Debian
has "Ready-To-Use" Scripts which can do this?

I am running MY

    http://pootle.debian.tamay-dogan.net/	# cur. not publ. access.
    http://devel.debian.tamay-dogan.net/

on the same physical VServer which mean, I can directly update/sync the
"pootle" files with the Descriptions from the Packges.gz.

I asume, that I need "subversion" to do this but ist there a more  light
version?

Also I can triger the script if a new Packages.gz was installed.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)