Re: Intent to NMU auth2db to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Quoting uvitulli@fi.uba.ar (uvitulli@fi.uba.ar):

> As I mentioned, I'm working ATM as upstream too; I met upstream on a
> Conference, and established a quite informal-and-fluent channel in this
> way.
>
> We work togheter with aspects about this soft, I'm currently developing
> some parts that I consider needs to let it being included on next release
> (some of them are even Debian-specific).

I guess that you've noticed that the release of lenny is now in the
pipe....so new features will slowly be discouraged. The release
process could very well be quite fast.

> > If you intent to upload yourself, please notify me so that I interrupt
> > the process on my side.
>
> Interrupt it please, thanks.

That's fine. I'll reping you in case I see no more activity in about 2
weeks. The l10n fixes are just 3 PO files to drop in place, so I
suggest considering an interim upload in case you have doubts about a
possible new upstream release.

Please also note that uncoordinated changes to the debconf templates
could likely make us, translators, pretty annoyed. That happens quite
often when new upstream versions are released, so I prefer anticipate
this..:-)

"coordinating" changes to debconf templates basically means doing the
changes, having them reviewed on debian-l10n-english in case you have
doubts about your English and then send a call for translation updates
with the magic "podebconf-report-pop" tool.

All this, of course, *before* uploading..:-)