Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Feb 10)

2008-01-28 (월), 21:25 +0300, Yuri Kozlov 쓰시길:
> 2008/1/28, Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au>:
> > Also, Frans, would you please consider using msgid-previous? This
> > gettext feature shows the translator a diff between the previous and
> > current string, which is particularly useful when the string is long
> > or complex. It's ideal for doc translations.
>
> Clytie, you can see the diff with 'svn diff' command.
> svn diff -rPREV installation-howto.po

Well, diff output is not very useful for PO files. Updating PO files
causes different line wrapping, updating automatic comments and source
line numbers, reordering entries, etc, etc... Diff on PO files has such
verbose stuffs (useless for translators).

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>