Re: getting translated description of packages through apt

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 09:10:37AM +0100, Wojciech Zareba wrote:
> >> <trans> (no title)
> >>
> >> <trans>
> >> .
> >> Translated paragraph.
> >> .
> >> <trans>
> >

> > Was such partial translation actually *displayed* while you were
> > browsing packages.debian.org (or the package database...) or are you
> > sying that, while working on Polish translations through the DDTP or
> > DDTSS, you found this?
>
> It was in the DDTSS. I thought that somebody translated only this one paragraph.
>
> > It is indeed very common to find partially translated descriptions in
> > the DDTP because it (DDTP) makes some matching between identical
> > paragraphs among different packages.
> >
> > That allows such paragraphs to be translated consistently among
> > packages.
> >
> > So, well, I wouldn't call this a bug.
>
> Me either. It is just an (maybe not to good) examle.

Example for what?

If the ddtp/ddtss know a translation of a paragraph, this translation
is shown. Point

What is the bug?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  - a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Linux zu benutzen adelt nicht! Es bildet.