Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package squid 2.6.12-4

Clytie Siddall wrote:

> On 06/06/2007, at 1:28 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
>> The debian-l10n-english team has reviewed the debconf templates for
>> squid. This process has resulted in changes that may make your
>> existing translation incomplete.
>
> This mail contains squid 2.6.12-4, but the current template on the
> Debconf (vi) page is 2.6.13-1.

Probably a communication issue.

> I submitted the 2.6.13-1 Vietnamese translation to the BTS a few days
> ago. I'm confused about which is the current file.

It looks like you go the right one.

> Should I update and send in squid 2.6.12-4 (from the debconf update
> mail), or leave my squid 2.6.13-1 translation in the BTS as the latest
> translation?

No.

The link: http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&version=all&exact=1&keywords=squid

allows us to see that "unstable" (the suite you almost always see you translations in first) contains version 2.6.13-1
of squid, which means that you want to translate that (except express cases when uploads to other suites are made).

Usually the version you get to translate is the one in unstable or a more recent one (from the development version of
the package).

> Thankyou for any help you can offer. :)

You're welcome!

--