Re: Status of the "NMU campaign"

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Dear i18n team members,
>
> On Oct. 1st, I announced the official launch of the NMU campaign to
> fix pending l10n issues listed at
> http://people.debian.org/~lwall/i18n/
>
> Here is a first progress report (much can be seen on the web page):
>
> - hesiod: completed and uploaded (maintainer agreed)
> - dict-gcide: completed and uploaded (no news from maint.)
> - cvs: work with maintainer. He will upload today
> - atlas3: maintainer objected but does not answer anymore to
>           further comments when I insist..:-)
> - configure-debian: NMU announced today
> - anacron: maintainer ACK'ed and will fix
> - lvm2: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be sent on Oct 11th
> - colormake: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be
>              sent on Oct 12th
> - amavis-stats: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be
>                 sent on Oct 14th
> - proofgeneral: no answer from maintainer. NMU announcement will be
>                 sent on Oct 14th

I have done some of the orphaned packages and made sure my own (team
maintained) packages were uploaded...

> I'm feeling pretty much alone in this effort. Please note that
> everybody can join, even non DD's (the uploads can be sponsored).

I want to help, but I don't feel like I'm able to follow the whole process due
to the release work. But, feel free to point me to orphaned packages, to be
sponsored packages or packages with RC bugs that need attention :-)

> Doing only one new package per day, I will never succeed to complete
> the longstanding issues all y myself. Please, please, join....:-)

Very probably translation updates will be allowed during freeze time, so
please continue the good work even during freeze time!

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D