Announce of the upcoming NMU for the dict-gcide package

Dear maintainer of dict-gcide and Debian translators,

On 04 oct 2006 I sent a notice to the maintainer of the dict-gcide
Debian package, mentioning the status of at least one old po-debconf
related bug in the BTS (bug #207859).

I announced the intent to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
for this package in order to fix this long-time pending localization
bug as well as all other pending translations.

The package maintainer did not respond in a week so I will proceed with the
NMU.

This NMU will REMOVE all debconf stuff from the package as it is not
relevant anymore. This is what's suggested in #207859.

If the maintainer objects to this process I will immediately abort my NMU.

Otherwise the following will happen (or already has):

 28 sep 2006   : send the first intent to NMU notice to
                 the package maintainer.
 04 oct 2006   : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
                 (maintainer) CC'ed
 06 oct 2006   : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/2-day
                 send the NMU patch to the BTS
 08 oct 2006   : NMU uploaded to incoming
 09 oct 2006   : NMU enters unstable

Thanks for your efforts and time.