Re: Catching packages with long-standing l10n bugs

On 15/09/06, Daniel Nylander <info@danielnylander.se> wrote:
Clytie Siddall skrev:

> I am really disappointed to see how many of my submitted translations
> are still unprocessed, and thus not available to users. :(
>
> Last time I checked, some of these completed translations had been
> waiting over a year to be processed.
>
> Is there anything we can do as translators to fix this problem?

How about implementing a "language pack" for debconf templates?
That way, there's no need to release the whole package every time
someone that submitted a small debconf translation (basicly)

I mean, if the package does not contain a translated debconf template
for the users specified language, check in /foo/bar/lang/template

See section about Language packs on the report page[1]

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/Extremadura2006Report
--
Regards,
EddyP