Re: Status of Marathi translations

> >Actually, I can't give promises that the Etch installer will include
> >support for Marathi. The deadline for adding languages will be
> >something like October, I think.
> >

> No problem, my translation can go in next release, isn't it?

Of course....which means that it will be in an official release in
something like 1 or 2 years, but experience shows that time flies very
quickly...:-)

Indeed, it will very likely be activated in the betas of the release
that will follow Etch.

> Acually we are in a process to get translations done from professional
> translators, will take time at least next 2-3 months.

That's an approach that hasn't been done very often but it would be
interesting to see where this doe slead. However, be prepared to later
*maintain* the translation and probably then without the professionnal
translators..:)